MAD-13 Rolltop Rucksack
GRANDAD CARRIED THIS
That's the philosophy behind this backpack. The MAD-13 is made to look, feel and serve like the time-honoured infantry bags of the early 20th century. In WW1 and WW2, waxed cotton canvas, leather and brass were the extent of military tech when it came to packs and protective gear. You won't find velcro or plastic buckles and clips here.
NOTHING PLASTIC HERE
The MAD-13 is a medium-sized rolltop backpack. The term rolltop refers to the fact that the top of the bag is rolled (or folded) closed in order to make a tight, water-resistant seal. The main material is beeswaxed cotton canvas with a 16oz weight. That's probably the heaviest you will find anywhere in the world. Waxed cotton resists water whilst still allowing the interior of the bag to breathe.
The MAD-13 is suited to commuters and day travellers who are looking for a rugged design that exudes confidence. With an extra-wide shoulder harness it suits a variety of wearers it’s neither too big nor too small. The full-length, YKK luggage-grade zip means that in a pinch, you can fill the main compartment right to the top. Watch the video below for more details.
HERITAGE STYLE - SUSTAINABLE VALUE
Jack Stillman specialises in making our range of authentic, heritage luggage, bags and accessories. Our processes and the raw materials we use are unmatched, ensuring anything we offer can be covered by our 10 Year Warranty. All of our gear is made in-house by our own full-time team of specialists. We only use:
- 100% cotton canvas that has a coating of natural wax to protect it from rainfall and moisture. No plastics here.
- Real brass that is 100% recyclable and will never loose its market value.
- Our leather is genuine, naturally cured Vegetable Tanned Leather that is hand coloured, burnished and edged.
- Quality YKK zips that are considered the best in the world.
All of these materials create a product that you can be sure will stand the test of time and look better with use than it does brand new.
- Australian Designed
- 28cm x 12cm x 40cm (62cm full open)
- Weight 1.1kg
- 20-29 (open) Litres
- Super-Tough Solid Brass Tongue Snap Hook
- Can Fit Laptops and Tablets up to 26 x 36cm
- 3 lines of PAL spec'd Molle on sides
- Genuine Leather Lashing Squares on the Base (belts and other accessories not included)
- Internal Organisation Pockets
- Reinforced 100% Leather Top Handle
- 16oz Beeswaxed Cotton Canvas
- 100% Vegetable Tanned Leather - Hand-Stained and Burnished
- Solid Brass Hardware
- Water Resistant but Breathable
- Woven-In Tough YKK Zipper
- Double External YKK Zippers
I have being using Day packs for years both businesses and pleasure and I have never received a bag that looked this good packed to the brim with excellent useful features. From the chrome yam leather to the brass hardware it looks the part and plays hard. You just won’t find better value for money- you owe it to yourself to get one.
Perfect for travelling
Perfect size to take on the plane with essentials
Looks Great Feels Great
Comfortable to wear. Looks great.
MAD-13 Rolltop Rucksack
Love my Rolltop Rucksack, I recently purchased a scooter and I use it everyday, rain or shine as is perfect size for carrying all the things I need and more. I have had so many comments about the backpack from men and women. I just love my backpack. Suzie Maclean
Got it right.
This rucksack feels good to carry. Its adjustable to fit over what clothes I'm wearing. I like having some pockets/compartments and a big space for most things. The attention to detail is very good. Its no fuss design suits me well and its a good size, too.